Remember the other day when I said libraries need help? We have so many things that people don’t know about! USA Today is aware of this and they have a great article titled, Beyond Books: Eight things you may not know about libraries. It is a great article, and thank you USA Today for helping us get the word out. I’m quickly going to say, my library has almost all of these 8 things. Please check out your local library, they probably have these things as well!
- E-reading and apps. We have that.
- Beyond Books. Non-traditional check outs like cake pans (we have), instruments, seed libraries (we have) and so much more!
- Activities for children. Obviously we have that or I wouldn’t be employed. Bring on the Summer Reading Program.
- A great resource for teens. We have that too. And we’re actually hiring for a teen librarian so if you need a job as one let me know in the comments and I’ll whip over the application for you.
- Personal gym. Now my current library doesn’t have this BUT my previous library did. A treadmill. In the library. Talk about amazing.
- 3D printers, gaming and more. We’ve got the gaming and the more and one of my previous libraries had a 3D printer. My libraries are on top of it y’all!
- Services and support plus tax help. While we don’t offer direct tax help we do have the forms. We definitely offer resume help and English as a Second Language classes and tutoring.
- Netflix and Amazon in one. We have Hoopla. Woot!